Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
2012 WWII Tribute at Buckley Homestead in Lowell, Indiana
HRS Event sponsored by US 9th Infantry, the 353rd German Infantry, the 2629th WAC Battalion and hosted by the Lake County Parks
Saturday, May 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM - Sunday, May 6, 2012 at 4:00 PM (CDT)
WORLD WAR II TRIBUTE "Recognizing and honoring World War II Veterans"
May 5 & 6, 2012
HRS Event sponsored by US 9th Infantry, the 353rd German Infantry and the 2629th WAC Battalion
Registration Deadline: April 13, 2012
NO onsite registrations accepted
Safety and Authenticity rules and regulations will strictly follow HRS guidelines, found on the web at:
Event web site: www.lakecountyparks.com (follow WWII Tribute link on the home page)
Buckley Homestead Living History Farm in Lowell, Indiana
Saturday, May 5, 2012 - 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Sunday, May 6, 2012 - 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
$5 per person; Children under age 7 Free
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Flag ceremony in Allied Camp
- Military Encampments and Equipment (Tanks, halftracks, jeeps)
- Battles at 11:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. (Patriotic Ceremony on Sunday prior to 3 p.m. battle)
- Victory Garden displays and demonstrations using wartime recipes by the Lake County Master Gardeners
- "Pebble in my Shoe" -- Memories of the war years in Europe by Katherine and George Flotz at the main house 11 a.m. & noon (Sat) Noon & 1 p.m. (Sun)
- Buckley Homestead Main House Museum
- Skirmishes near the log house
- WWII era automobiles on display by Auto Clubs
- Children can learn about rationing stamps near the main house
- WWII Veterans are invited to talk with the public in the Veteran's Tent
- USO entertainment
- Food Concessions
Golf cart shuttle from handicapped parking to the barnyard
PETS ARE NOT PERMITTED INTO THE PARK SITE DURING THIS EVENT
Please support our corporate sponsors: Super 8 Motel Hebron – About 5 miles east of the park at the intersection of I-65 & Route 2 - For reservations call 219-696-8888 Centier Bank Lake Heritage Parks Foundation Tire Barn in Merrillville Deep River Waterpark www.deepriverwaterpark.com
Buckley Homestead is located in Lowell, IN 4 miles west of Interstate 65 on Route 2. Turn south on Hendricks Road
FOR INFORMATION CALL 219-769-PARK